TROBO Return, Refund and Warranty Policies
Thank you for your interest in the products and services of Skookoo LLC ("TROBO"). TROBO provides physical goods, including TROBO and the chest module (the "Physical Product" or "Product").
TROBO also provides digital goods. These goods and services include software applications ("apps") and content (books and subscriptions) that may be purchased.
Returns and Refund Policies
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase of the TROBO plush, you can return your TROBO after obtaining a TROBO return material authorization ("RMA") during the 30 day period following the date of shipment by TROBO. If the product is returned unused, undamaged, in its original condition, and in the original packaging in accordance with this policy, we will exchange it or offer a refund of the purchase price paid. The refund will be made by crediting the account used to make the original purchase. The RMA may be obtained by contacting email@example.com. The product must be received within 10 days after issuance of the RMA.
- All Products must be packed in the original, unopened and unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation, and registration that shipped with the Product. Up to a $15.00 open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory, and damage and missing part restocking fees may apply. The RMA number must be included with the returned Product (but it should not be written on the Product's packaging, only on the outer, shipping box).
- Shipping and handling charges and taxes paid (state, customs, VAT) are not refundable. You are responsible for and must prepay all shipping charges and you shall assume all risk of loss or damage to the Product while in transit to TROBO. Please ship the RMA via a service with a tracking number (USPS Priority Mail, UPS or FedEx) to verify that we have received it.
- If you return your Product to TROBO (a) without an RMA from TROBO, (b) beyond the 10 day RMA issuance period, or (c) without proper packaging, TROBO retains the right to either refuse delivery of such return or charge you a restocking fee. The time to credit your account may vary, depending on processing time. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for TROBO to credit the account used to make the original purchase.
- We are sorry but there are no refunds and returns on Digital Goods or services (including book, app or subscription purchases).
- TROBO warrants the Physical Product, and only the Physical Product, against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of 1 year from the date of retail purchase by the original purchaser ("Warranty Period"). Under this Limited Warranty, if a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received by TROBO within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, TROBO will either (1) repair the Product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, (2) send new or refurbished replacement parts to the purchaser, (3) issue a refund, or (4) exchange the Product with a new or refurbished Product. In the event of a defect, to the extent permitted by law, these are your sole and exclusive remedies.
- A replacement Product or part assumes the remaining warranty of the original Product.
- When a Product or part of the product is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes TROBO's property. Parts provided by TROBO in fulfillment of its warranty obligation must be used in Products for which warranty service is claimed.
- To obtain warranty service, you must deliver the product, freight prepaid, in either its original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection, to the address specified by TROBO. In accordance with applicable law, TROBO may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service. It is your responsibility to retain your product activation code. For specific instructions on how to obtain warranty service on your Product, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusions and Limitations:
- This warranty covers the normal and intended use of TROBO. It applies only to the hardware product "TROBO" manufactured by or for Skookoo LLC that can be identified by the "TROBO" trademark, trade name or logo affixed to it. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-TROBO hardware product or any software, even if packaged or sold with the TROBO hardware product.
- TROBO does not warrant that the operation of TROBO will be uninterrupted or error-free. TROBO is not responsible for damage or injury arising from failure to follow instructions relating to TROBO's use.
- This warranty does apply to (a) consumable parts, such as batteries, or protection coatings designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) damage caused by use with non-TROBO products; (c) damage caused by accidents, misuse, abuse, neglect, misapplication, fire, water, lightning or other acts of nature; incorrect electrical line voltage, fluctuations or surges; damage cause by improper installation; product alteration or modification; improper or unauthorized repair; exterior finish or cosmetic damage; (d) damage caused by operating TROBO outside the intended uses described by TROBO; (e) defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the TROBO product.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED AND DESCRIBED ABOVE, AND NO WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, SHALL APPLY AFTER THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE BINDING ON SKOOKOO LLC.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SKOOKOO LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, FAILURE TO REALIZE SAVINGS OR OTHER BENEFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF REPUTATION, LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF SKOOKOO LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOR SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST SKOOKOO LLC BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF TROBO. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PURCHASER AND PURCHASER’S PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT SOLD BY SKOOKOO LLC NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF SKOOKOO LLC. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS PRODUCT, IS NONTRANSFERABLE AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Governing Law and Arbitration.
This Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction. Any claim or dispute in connection with this Limited Warranty shall be resolved in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. The arbitration shall be initiated through an established alternative dispute resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The alternative dispute resolution provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If the foregoing arbitration clause does not apply for any reason, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state courts located within Orange County, Florida and the federal courts in the Florida Middle District for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes, which courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction of such claims or disputes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Skookoo LLC may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.